Copper Electrodes Wearing Very Fast In A Pool
Items needed to prevent copper electrodes wearing very fast in a pool:
- Calcium Test Kit or a Digital Test Kit
- Phosphate Test Kit or Digital Test Kit
- Calcium Chloride Flakes (may be needed to raise calcium)
- Phosphate Remover (may be needed to remove phosphates)
- Leaf Skimmer (to add calcium to the pool)
1) Test phosphates. If phosphates are present, use a recommended phosphate remover to eliminate them.
2) Test Calcium. If calcium is below 300 ppm, it needs to be raised.
A very general rule of thumb is that 100 lbs of calcium will raise the calcium level in a pool 20,000 gallon pool about 100 ppm. Add 50 lb bags at a time and test in between each 50 lbs.
3) Add one 50 lb bag at a time by putting a little at a time in a leaf skimmer and swishing it around toward the middle of the pool until it dissolves.
4) Wait a couple days before testing the water again - to make sure the calcium is thoroughly mixed into the pool water.
5) Retest the water.
Repeat process until the water is at least above 300 ppm.
Tip: Calcium is very stable in the water and only drops if there is alot of rain. Test after heavy storms and about every six months.