DE Filter Backwash
Items Needed To Backwash A DE Filter:
- Extra DE Powder
1) Shut off the pump.
2) Put the filter in "backwash".
3) Turn the pump on and backwash the filter until the site glass is clear. (about 1 minute)
4) Shut the pump off.
5) Put the filter in "rinse".
6) Turn the pump on and rinse until the site glass is clear (about 30 seconds).
Repeat steps 1 - 6 until the site glass is always clear and there is no more debris coming out of the filter.
7) Put filter to "filter".
8) Add DE powder to the skimmer nearest the filter.