How To Lower The pH In A Pool
Materials needed to lower the pH in a pool:
- pH Test Kit or Digital Test Kit.
- Liquid muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid), or Acid Magic (Muriatic Acid Replacement)
1) Test the pH using a recommended pH test kit The pH range of an ECOsmarte pool should be 6.6 - 7.0. It is best to "knock" the pH down dramatically rather than pushing it down gradually.
2) Put some water in the bucket first and then some liquid acid.
3) Walk around the pool pouring the acid/water solution into the pool.
4) Allow the acid solution to nix thoroughly and then test the pH again.
5) If the pH isn't within the low end of the range, create another solution and add it to the pool water.