How To Open A Pool With Chemicals (Chlorine)
Items needed to open a pool with chemicals (chlorine):
- Chlorine (5 gallons if clearing the pool)
- pH Test Kit
- Alkalinity Test Kit
- Calcium Test Kit
- Chlorine Test Kit
- Phosphate Test Kit
- Liquid Muriatic Acid
- Baking Soda or Soda Ash
- Calcium Chloride Flakes
- Phosphate Remover
1) Take off the pool cover.
2) Remove the plugs from the jets and skimmers.
3) Put the skimmer baskets and jets in.
4) Install the pool light.
5) Install the handrails.
6) Install the diving board.
7) Put the plugs in the heater.
8) Put the plugs in the filter.
9) Puts the plugs in the pump and basket.
10) Put the basket in.
11) Clean the electrode chamber.
12) Prime the pump.
13) Light the heater.
14) Backwash the filter.
15) Test water for pH, Alkalinity, Calcium, Chlorine, and Phosphates.
16) Lower pH to 7.4 - 7.8
17) Raise alkalinity to 80 ppm - 120 ppm.
18) Raise calcium to 300 ppm (400 ppm ideal)
19) Use phosphate remover if phosphates are present.
*TIP: If the pool is green to start, use 5 gallons liquid chlorine to clear the pool.