How To Test Copper In A Spa
Items Needed to test the copper.
*Test the pH first. If it is above 7.2, adjust it to 6.68 - 7.0 before testing the copper. If the pH is out of that range the copper test won't be accurate.
Copper Test Kit
1) Make sure the plastic sample tube is clean and dry. Take a sample of water from beneaththe surface of the spa water.
2) Add 5 drops of Copper A to the sample, put the lid on the tube and turn the tube over to mix.
3) Then, add 5 drops of Copper B to the sample and turn the tube over to mix. Wait exactly 3 minutes.
4) To read the results you will look down through the length of the sample tube. Hold the tube about 1" above the white section of the color chart.
5) Compare the color and record the results. (It is important to look down through the length of the tube, and not through the side)
Tip: Store test kits in a cool, dry place. Do not store in heat, direct sunlight, or extreme cold. It is recommended to replace test kits every year to ensure accuracy.
Exact Micro Digital Test Kit
1) Remove 1 Exact Micro Copper Test Strip from the bottle. Set the strip in a dry, convenient place and recap the bottle immediately.
2) Press the zero/on button to power the meter on. The display will show all test panel status indicators, then it will show the current menu selection, then it will show the last test result reading.
3) Press the menu button repeatedly until the display says CU6.
4) Rinse the clear plastic test cell at least 3 times with the water you will be testing. Rinsing reduces possibility of cross-contamination from other tests. Then, completely fill the test cell with sample water. Take the sample from beneath the surface of the water.
5) Press the zero/on button. The curson will move across the display and then will read 0.00 PPM.
6) Dip the CU test strip into the water sample and immediately press READ. This 1 starts the 20 second countdown timer.
7) During the 20 second countdown, gently swish the test strip back and forth in the sample water.
8) When the time displays 1, remove the test strip from the sample.
9) The cursor will move across the display as it prepares to read the results.
10) When the results are displayed it is suggested you record the results. The tester also saves the result.
11) After the results are recorded, rinse the plastic sample cell thoroughly.