How to Treat For Phosphates Using Sea Klear Phosphate Remover Commercial
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
INITIAL HIGH-PHOSPHATE TREATMENT:
1. Clean or backwash filter.
2. Calculate the amount of product required using the dosage guide. Pour Phosphate Remover in the pool,
distributing it over as wide an area as possible.
3. Run your filter system continuously for at least 24 hours.
4. If filter pressure Increases 10 psi over normal, clean or backwash the filter.
5. After 48 hours, test the phosphate level with a phosphate test kit approved for swimming pool use. If it is
needed, reapply Phosphate Remover.
WEEKLY MAINTENANCE DOSE: Use 1 oz of Phosphate Remover per 5,000 gallons of pool water to
maintain phosphate levels below 125 ppb.
Amount of phosphates in your pool (ppb)
Pool Capacity 250 500 1,000 3,000 4,500 9,000
5,000 gallon 1/2 oz. 1 oz. 2 oz. 6 oz. 8 oz. 16 oz.
10,000 gallon 1 oz. 2 oz. 4 oz. 12 oz. 16 oz. 32 oz.
Important: It is normal for this product to cause pool cloudiness, indicating that phosphates are being removed.
The duration of the cloudiness will depend on phosphate levels and pool equipment, and can sometimes last up
to 48 hours. While pool water is cloudy, swimming should not occur so plan your treatment accordingly. As
needed, apply SeaKlear Chitosan Clarifier at a rate of 2 oz per 5,000 gallons of pool water to help clear cloudy