Smelly Spa Water
If the spa water is smelly, the spa filter needs to be cleaned. The spa cover will also need to be wiped down with mild soap and water.
Items Needed To Clean The Spa Filter And The Spa Cover:
- Liquid Muriatic Acid (Hydrochloric Acid) or Acid Magic (Muriatic Acid Replacement)
- Trisodiumphosphate (TSP)
- Rubbermaid Contain (To Soak The Spa Filter)
- Damp Cloth
- Mild Soap And Water
How To Clean The Spa Filter:
TIPS: Do not use hot water on spa filters. Do not put spa filter in dishwashers or car washes as it permanently ruins them.
1) Put the clean filter into the spa filter housing and take out the dirty one.
2) Spray off the dirty filter and then place it in the Rubbermaid container with a solution of 2 parts water to 1 part liquid acid, and 1 tbs Trisodiumphosphate (TSP).
3) Soak filter for at least 12 hours.
4) Remove and thoroughly rinse the filter.
5) Let the filter dry so that the fibers have a chance to normalize.
How To Clean The Spa Cover:
1) Use a damp cloth and mild soap and water to wipe the spa cover down.
2) Use borax and water to wipe down the mesh (drip holes) at the underside of the cover.