What Size Electrodes Or Replacement Chamber Do I need?
There are only two options in electrode and chamber sizes, 2" or 1 1/2". There are a couple ways to determine what size is needed:
Type of system:
- If you have an in-ground swimming pool or pond you will need the 2" electrodes.
- An above ground swimming pool or water feature under 10,000-15,000 gallons needs 1 1/2" electrodes.
- An above ground pool over 15,000 gallons may need 2" electrodes but this is unlikely. Try the next method to determine what size is needed.
- A spa system needs 1 1/2" electrodes.
Circumference of Chamber:
- 2" chambers are about 8" around the clear pvc. Needs 2" electrodes.
- 1 1/2" chambers are about 6.5" around the clear pvc. Needs 1 1/2" electrodes.
Size of Titanium Electrodes:
- Because titanium electrodes don't change size, they can be measured to determine the size of all the electrodes in the chamber. 2" titanium electrodes are 2 inches wide so that they will fit into the 2" chamber.
- 1 1/2" titanium electrodes are 1 1/2 inches wide so they will fit into the 1 1/2" chamber.
If you do order the wrong size of electrodes, please just let us know so we can arrange return shipping and exchange.
Note: The chamber has a lip on the fitting on the end of the chamber. It will make it seem that the chamber is too small for the electrodes. The lip needs to have a groove filed into it to allow new titanium electrodes to be inserted. Something like a metal file can be used for this.
It is possible that you have the wrong size if a little groove will not help the electrodes into the chamber. Give us a call and we'll help figure it out.