When To Replace The Copper Electrodes In A Well System
How to know when to replace the copper electrodes in a well POE:
There are 3 ways to know if your copper electrodes need to be replaced.
They need to be replaced if:
- The copper electrodes are loose and wobbly on the screws
- They have fallen off of the screws
- They are less than about 1/16" thick
The copper electrodes in a city will last a varying amount of time depending on conditions such as:
- Hardness Of Source Water - If the source water is very hard, the build up in the chamber can cause faster electrode wear.
- Softness Of Source Water - If the source water is very soft, it will erode the copper electrodes faster.
- pH Of Source Water -If the pH of the source water is very high or very low, it can cause faster wear on the copper electrodes.
- Maintenance - If the maintenance isn't kept up on the ECOsmarte well poe, the electrodes may war down faster, as well as causing the filter media to wear out faster also.