Spa Filter Maintenance
Items Needed To Clean The Spa Filter:
- Liquid Muriatic Acid (Hydrochloric Acid) or Acid Magic (Muriatic Acid Replacement)
- Trisodiumphosphate (TSP)
- Rubbermaid Contain (To Soak The Spa Filter)
Filter Maintenance Every Week:
It is best to own 2 sets of filters. Add a clean filter weekly and buy new filters once per year.
To clean the filters:
1) Spray the filter cartridge with a hose level pressure cold water nozzle. Spray in between each pleat in an up and down motion. Spray the cartridges as you remove them to allow them to dry before replacing in the spa.
2) If the filter is dirty looking, use Minute Rinse and then spray it off thoroughly.
Filter Maintenance Once Per Month:
1) Put the clean filter into the spa filter housing and take out the dirty one.
3) Soak filter for at least 12 hours.
4) Remove and thoroughly rinse the filter.
5) Let the filter dry so that the fibers have a chance to normalize.
Filter Maintenance Tips:
- Do not use hot water on spa filters.
- Do not put spa filter in dishwashers or car washes as it permanently ruins them