How To Replace The Electrode Chamber In A Well POE
Materials needed to replace the electrode chamber in a well POE:
- Clear silicone
- Electric screwdriver
- File (you may need to file a groove in the lip of the electrode chamber to get the electrodes out - and possibly in the new one to get the electrodes in)
1) Turn off the water to the house and close valve so water doesn't leak when the chamber is taken out of the plumbing line.
2) Slip the wires off of the quick connect metal tabs on the outside of the chamber.
3) Unscrew the chamber from the plumbing.
4) Unscrew the electrodes from the chamber and move into the new chamber. You may need to file a groove in the end of the chamber to get the titanium plates out of the current chamber. Be careful when allowing electrodes to fall out that the titanium electrodes don't get scratched.
5) Screw each electrode into the new chamber. Place a bead of clear silicone around the rubber grommets on the outside of the chamber to help prevent leaking.
6) Once the electrodes are replaced in the new chamber, simply screw the new chamber onto the plumbing line. Do not over tighten. Hand tight is sufficient. Tighten until there is no more leaking.
7) Put the wires back onto the metal tabs on the outside of the chamber.
8) Open the valves and turn the water back on to the house to put the system back into service.