How To Test pH In A Pool
Materials Needed To Test pH:
pH Test Kit Directions
1) Make sure the plastic sample tube is clean and dry.
2) Take a sample of water from about 18" below the surface of the water, away from the return jets and skimmers.
3) Add 5 drops of phenol red to the water sample.
4) Put the cap on the sample tube and turn the tube over to mix.
5) Hold the sample out at arms length and compare side by side to the pH color samples.
6) Record the results.
Tip: Store all test kits in a cool, dry place. Do not store in heat, direct sunlight, or extreme cold. It is recommended to replace test kits every year to ensure accuracy.
Exact Micro Digital Test Kit Instructions
1) Remove 1 Exact Micro pH test Strip from the bottle. Set the strip in a dry, convenient place and recap the bottle immediately.
2) Press the Zero/On button to power the meter on. The display will show all test panel status indicators, then it will show the current Menu selection, then it will show the last reading.
3) Press the menu button repeatedly until the display shows the parameter PH2.
4) Rinse the clear plastic test cell at least 3 times with the water you will be testing. Rinsing reduces possibility of cross-contamination from other tests. Then, completely fill the test cell with sample water. Take the sample from approximately 18" below the surface and away from return jets and skimmers.
5) Press the Zero/On button to set the meter at 0.0 PH.
6) Dip the pH test strip into the water sample and immediately press READ. This starts the 20 second countdown timer.
7) During the 20 second countdown, gently swish the test strip back and forth in the sample water
8) When the time displays 1, remove the test strip from the sample.
9) The cursor will move across the display as it prepares to read the results.
10) When the results are displayed it is suggested you record the results. The tester also saves the result.
11) After the test results are recorded, rinse the plastic sample cell completely.