Pressure Not Rising In A Sand Filter
There are a couple reasons for pressure not rising in a sand filter:
- Filter Media Is "Channeled"
- Filter Media Not Catching Particles
1) If the filter media has gotten clumpy and has "channels" running through it where to water flows without getting filtered, the filter media needs to be loosened up with a deep cleaning. Use the following instructions to clean the sand filter according to which type of media is being used.
- Sand - Pour 2 gallons liquid acid into the filter, covering the media, and allow to sit overnight. Backwash to waste.
- GlassPack - Pour 2 gallons regular household bleach into the filter, covering the media, and allow to sit overnight. Backwash to waste.