Sand Filter Bleach Wash (Glass Media)
Items Needed For Sand Filter Bleach Wash With Glass Media:
- 2 Gallons Regular Household Bleach
1) Shut off the pump and close the valves.
2) Take off the valve head.
3) Unscrew the drain plug.
4) Drain the water until the media is visible (this may take a while).
5) Inspect the surface of the media for clumps of debris and remove.
6) Replace the drain plug.
7) Pour in 2 gallons of regular household bleach, completely covering the media - let the filter sit for 12 hours, overnight.
8) Backwash to "waste".
*If you are using a sand filter with sand, please refer to Sand Filter Acid Wash (Sand Media). Same instructions but using liquid acid rather than bleach